If you’re anything like me, you love passion tea lemonades from Starbucks. They are the epitome of summer for me and I could drink them all day. The problem? The cost. So I was ecstatic to find a recipe for this drink I love. And the best part? It seriously tastes just like the one I buy at Starbucks, and it’s only a fraction of the price.
I like to triple the recipe and make a huge pitcher to last me throughout the week. This recipe is very easy to make in super large quantities, if need be. Just follow the 4:4:1 ratio (tea bags to water to lemonade) and you’re set.
I also like my passion tea lemonades unsweetened (I feel the lemonade adds enough sweetness) so you won’t find any added sugar here. You can, of course, add your favorite sweetener to taste if you find the recipe is not sweet enough. I personally think Truvia is delicious with this drink.
Passion Tea Lemonade
Makes: 5 8oz Servings | Total: 20 Minutes
4 passion tea bags (Tazo brand)
4 cups water
1 cup lemonade
4 teaspoons sugar, optional
1. Bring water to a boil on stovetop.
2. Once boiling, remove from heat and add tea bags to pot. Allow tea to steep for 15 minutes.
3. Remove tea bags from water. If you want a sweeter drink, add the sugar now and stir to dissolve.
4. Pour tea into pitcher and let chill in fridge for 1 hour.
5. After an hour, you’re ready to add the lemonade. Stir.
6. When ready to serve, put tea and ice in a shaker and give it a good shake for a few seconds.
7. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The First Year Blog.