These raspberry bars are seriously a-ma-zing! They are gluten free and vegan and taste even better than their wheat and milk-filled counterparts. Even my gluten-lovin’ husband adores these, and that’s all the approval I need. Feel free to change the jam to whatever fruit you prefer, but the raspberry is absolutely delicious.
Makes: 16 Servings | Calories: 172 Per Bar | Total: 50 Minutes
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour (like Bob’s Red Mill)
1 cup gluten-free oats
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup vegan butter, melted
3/4 – 1 cup raspberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8 x 8″ baking pan.
2. Combine brown sugar, flour, oats, baking soda, and salt.
3. Slowly mix in the butter until a crumbly dough forms.
4. Press half of the dough into the bottom of the baking pan. Spread jam evenly over the dough, stopping before the pan’s edge. Lightly press the remaining dough onto the top.
5. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until the top is a deep golden brown. Cool completely.
6. Cut into 2 x 2 squares, serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Big Oven.